Thursday 21 June 2012





FORGIVENESS  LEADS  TO  FREEDOM


How do you know if forgiveness has taken place?

"You'll know that you are forgiven if you can let God's love flow through you to that person," says Doug Easterday. "If the person walked in, would you let that love be expressed?

"If you answered no, then forgiveness has not taken place.

"'Well, he or she doesn't deserve it.' Then forgiveness has not fully taken place.

"'Well, I don't know if I can.' Then forgiveness needs to go deeper. Forgiveness is like an onion; there are layers to it. The first layer of an onion is still an onion, but there is more onion underneath. Forgiveness often has layers to it. Forgiveness is not entirely complete until all the layers are gone, and then you can say, 'I can forgive, because I choose to.' When you can let the Lord flow His love through you, then you can say, 'I know that I'm walking right with God in forgiveness.'"

When you have forgiven, you are free and released from self-induced bondage.

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins" (Matthew 6:14-15).


Father, grant me the ability to forgive and free my heart to love again. Amen.


No comments: